As of early January we were on track to meet that goal until further testing revealed that our internet providers are still too unreliable to deliver the consistent quality we expect. Our consultant says his tests indicate about 70% reliability at this point. This makes live streaming unfeasible at this time. We are able to stream to the internet, so people can view it on the Freshwater app and web page. However, transmitting it in high definition and enlarging it simply doesn’t work to factors beyond our control and budget. We hired a tech consultant to help us continue to live stream to the internet every weekend so we will continue to do this.
Our plan is to continue to use some live teaching and some simulated live streaming for the foreseeable future. This strategy has been well received and is the best, most reliable, and cost efficient solution. There are multiple reasons why:
- It enables us to utilize all of the technology and equipment we purchased
- It minimizes the burden on staff
- We are able to stream our entire services to the web
- We can supply existing and emerging house churches with music and teaching
- It utilizes some live teaching for those who prefer this style
- It leverages some video venue options for those who prefer this style
- One teacher can speak at multiple locations in case of illness or emergency
- It allows us to add services if needed
- It enables us to add an additional venue in the Warehouse (Student Ministry room) for additional seating and alternate environment
We will continue to develop our capabilities to live stream behind the scenes. As technology (mainly faster internet speeds at the St. Boni campus) becomes available in our area, we will pursue them and test them until they are proven reliable. Our goal is to provide consistent quality and excellence at all of our services and venues so that people will grow deeper in their faith without being distracted by technical glitches. The teaching schedule and live location/video venue will be in the program every week.
Our vision is to courageously share the life changing love of Jesus Christ in a real, relevant, and relational manner. By implementing this effective strategy, we will be able to continue to do this in a cost effective, reliable manner. Please continue to pray for Freshwater, its growth, and ministry impact in our community. We are one church with multiple locations committed to making disciples in a healthy church environment.
Blessings in Christ,