One of our paid staff team members approached me and said that he loves our church core values and asked if we have any staff core values to help our paid staff team know what is expected of them. We didn’t, so we set out to create a set of core values that reflect the type of staff environment that we want to cultivate. We began by creating a first draft (using other church examples and our own original thoughts) of the values that are important to us. Then we shared the draft version with our existing staff team. After reviewing it at a staff meeting, we gave them the opportunity to speak into it. We took their suggestions and wrote a new version and shared it with them again. After a couple more revisions we settled on the following core values. Our final version reflects the culture we want to develop and keep. Now our staff core values go on every job description and we hold one another accountable to them. These core values have helped us to thrive as a team.
FRESHWATER CHURCH STAFF CORE VALUES
- Infectious Fun: Our staff potential is greatest when there's joy in being a team. Balancing work and play, we create environments that create fun and togetherness.
- Contagious Care: We prioritize people because we care about them. Therefore, we do our best to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Impactful Excellence: With our given resources, we intentionally lean into our strengths to do the best we can to glorify God and build up people.
- Stewardship of Soul Care: Since we can't give what we don't have, we will invest in a healthy body, mind, and soul for ministry.
- Strategic Flexibility: Because church can be messy, we commit to collaborate as we're led by the Holy Spirit and to improvise when necessary.
- Unwavering Accountability: Because the eternal impact we have is so important, we hold one another accountable for doing the work God has called us to do.