At Freshwater we have six core-values that we use all the time. These values guide our decisions by helping us determine ministry priorities, funding, and human resources. Our core-values also make sure we continue to make progress by moving in the right direction. I don’t want our core-values to be something we break out every membership class then put away until we need them to help us find our way again.
These are the six core-values that we have. Each one is important and helps Freshwater to keep flowing. If the last time you read through these was when you attended the membership class, then it’s time to break them out again.
1. Practical biblical teaching. We desire to teach the Bible in a relevant manner that is understandable and useful to all people.
2. Excellent worship. We desire to help people engage with God through spirit-filled, culturally relevant worship.
3. Relaxed, inviting atmosphere. We desire to cultivate an environment that enhances receptivity to the Gospel.
4. Exceptional Children’s, student and family ministry. We desire to provide the best possible, Christ-centered, fun and inviting experience for every member of the family.
5. Significant, healthy relationships. We desire to create groups that build community and deepen relationships in order to teach people necessary skills to grow in their faith and make disciples.
6. Multiplication. We desire to fulfill God’s mandate for making disciples by adding multi-site campuses, launching new churches, and supporting missionary efforts.
I am committed to being a life-giving church and a life-giving person because people matter to God and therefore, they matter to us. It is my desire that Freshwater never loses sight of this. If you lead a ministry, lead with excellence. If you volunteer, give it your best. When we give our best we glorify God the most. I believe God has an incredible future laid out in front of us because we care about people and that’s what he cares about. I’m glad you are on the team and look forward to serving with you making Freshwater a great place for people to connect with God, grow deeper in their faith, and connect with others.